Reports to: Director, Outpatient Mental Health Clinic
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The family psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (FPMHNP) provides children, adolescents and adults with primary mental healthcare, including the diagnosis of mental illness, medication management and family and group therapy, as well as mental health promotion. Provide mental healthcare to families in a number of settings, including clinics, community centers, and schools. The FPMHNP is to be clinically competent; delivers care to clients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacts with clients, significant others, and other mental health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Conduct interviews, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current mental health status of clients.
- Manage client medication regimens; prescribe drugs and psychotropic medication treatments as indicated by diagnosis and lab results.
- Conduct psychiatric assessments and medication education to clients and families.
- Participate in treatment planning process and crisis intervention services when necessary.
- Complete all necessary written reports in a timely manner and in accordance with program and agency standards.
- Assist patients, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members.
- Administer injections according to established procedure and follow established procedures for sharps disposal.
- Comply with established infection control procedures complying with OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Observe and document client's response to pertinent medications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- New York State licensed Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner with Board Certification
- Have met/immediately meet credentialing requirements to allow agency to bill all insurers for services provided, including Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurers
- Demonstrate existence of a collaborative agreement with/ supervision by a Board Certified psychiatrist
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in an outpatient mental health or similar setting
- Knowledgeable regarding the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of FPMHNP care.
Please include salary history and requirements in cover letter, forward with resume to: ARISE, HR Dept., 635 James Street, Syracuse, NY 13203; fax to (315) 422-0294; e-mail to email@example.com; or download and submit our Employment Application using the link below. ARISE is a drug-free workplace. Great benefits package includes generous time off. Persons with disabilities, minority status, bilingual and/or sign language fluency are encouraged to apply. EOE
Please don't hesitate to contact us for more information about employment with ARISE. You can also download an Employment Application and click here to learn more about the agency's employee benefits. Please note that this form is a PDF file. Adobe Reader is required to read files in PDF format. Click here to download Adobe reader for free.