Accessible Absentee Ballots for Blind and Visually Impaired Voters
- Apply for New York’s Accessible Electronic Absentee Ballot
- Download form and fill out form using screen reader. Standard text accepted as signature.
- E-mail, mail or hand deliver to your county’s Board of Elections. Contact info for all county boards is here: https://www.elections.ny.gov/CountyBoards.html
- An accessible ballot will be e-mailed to you. A pre-paid, addressed envelope will be mailed to you.
- Fill out your ballot using your screen reader. Print out ballot and place in the return envelope. Sign anywhere on the back of the envelope.
- To return the ballot, mail the ballot, postmarked no later than November 3rd—or hand-deliver to your local board of elections by 9 PM on November 3rd.