Our Employment Programs can help you find meaningful employment in the community. Depending on your individual needs, we can provide different levels of support so you can find and keep a job you enjoy.
How does the program work?
After attending an ACCES-VR orientation session and receiving a referral from them, our employment consultants can work with you to identify your employment goals, find a job, and provide supports to help you retain your job. We can assist you with:
- Identifying job goals
- Completing job applications
- Writing resumes
- Developing interviewing skills
- Connecting you to local job opportunities
- Accompanying you to job interviews
- Meeting pre-employment requirements (like medical or drug testing)
- Completing job-related documents (like income tax withholding forms)
- Providing information to potential employers about hiring incentives
- Removing barriers to employment (needed accommodations, assistive technology, etc.)
- Receiving 1-on-1 support through a job coach
Our employment consultants will maintain ongoing contact with you and your employer to ensure a successful transition to work.
How can a job coach help me while I am working?
Your job coach will help you adjust to your new workplace. They can provide 1-on-1 support to assist you with:
- Learning specific job tasks and work duties
- Understanding your employer’s expectations
- Resolving issues to ensure job satisfaction
- Arranging for transportation, including travel training
What are ACCES-VR Community Information Sessions?
The hour-long sessions provide an opportunity for you to learn about the ACCES-VR services and sign up for the program. Visit the ACCES-VR website to find an orientation location near you.
Am I eligible?
Our employment services are available to all people with disabilities who have a referral from Adult Career and Continuing Education Services – Vocational Rehabilitaiton (ACCES-VR). Click here to learn more about ACCES-VR.
If you have any questions, please contact us to learn more.