Submit Work to UNIQUE
ARISE is now taking Submissions for the 2020 UNIQUE magazine and exhibit! Please download the submissions form below.
Sign up to Receive the UNIQUE Call for Artists Mailing
- Artists must be at least 8 years old, live in Central New York, and have a disability of some sort.
- Artists may submit one original creative work for consideration – no kits, please.
- The original creative work must be submitted (photographs of original artwork cannot be accepted for consideration).
- Written work is limited to 450 words or fewer, and must be typed or legibly hand-written.
- All artwork must be marked on the back with the artist’s name and contact phone number.
- For abstract art, please indicate which direction is the top.
- Artistic works that cannot easily be displayed in print form (e.g. slideshows, multi-media displays, wall murals, etc.) may not be accepted for consideration. Contact the Managing Editor if you have a question about your work of art.
For questions or more information, please contact Sarah Anson at (315) 671-2917 or .
- April ARISE solicits submissions of original artwork and literature created by people who have a disability.
- May – June Members of the UNIQUE Editorial Board review and select the works to be included in UNIQUE.
- June Artists are informed of Editorial Board Decisions
- June – July UNIQUE Magazine is published.
- August A UNIQUE Unveiling Celebration is held. This fun event gives contributing artists the opportunity to showcase their work to family and friends in a gallery setting.
- September – Spring UNIQUE Art Exhibits on display throughout the community.