Submit Work to UNIQUE
ARISE is now taking Submissions for the 2020 UNIQUE magazine and exhibit! Please download the submissions form below.
- Artists must be at least 8 years old, live in Central New York, and have a disability of some sort.
- Artists may submit one original creative work for consideration – no kits, please.
- The original creative work must be submitted (photographs of original artwork cannot be accepted for consideration).
- Written work is limited to 450 words or fewer, and must be typed or legibly hand-written.
- All artwork must be marked on the back with the artist’s name and contact phone number.
- For abstract art, please indicate which direction is the top.
- Artistic works that cannot easily be displayed in print form (e.g. slideshows, multi-media displays, wall murals, etc.) may not be accepted for consideration. Contact the Managing Editor if you have a question about your work of art.
For questions or more information, please contact Betty DeFazio, 315-671-2903, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April ARISE solicits submissions of original artwork and literature created by people who have a disability.
- May – June Members of the UNIQUE Editorial Board review and select the works to be included in UNIQUE.
- June Artists are informed of Editorial Board Decisions
- June – July UNIQUE Magazine is published.
- Later this year A UNIQUE Unveiling Celebration is held. This fun event gives contributing artists the opportunity to showcase their work to family and friends in a gallery setting.
- Later this year – Spring 2021 UNIQUE Art Exhibits on display throughout the community.